Environmental law encompasses a wide variety of issues: everything from oil and gas development, leases and royalties to agriculture and renewable energy projects such as wind, solar, hydro and geothermal/biomass. Our lawyers at Berman & Asbel, LLP, can help you navigate the complexities of environmental law to protect your property, your investment and your rights.
Contact us today to discuss your environmental law questions or concerns during an initial consultation.
Environmental Law Litigation and Other Legal Services
Our attorneys provide legal representation for environmental litigation matters throughout Pennsylvania. A few areas that our Philadelphia-area lawyers handle include:
- Oil and gas lease negotiations: Let our experienced attorneys negotiate leases that will protect your land while taking advantage of the natural gas boom in Pennsylvania. Our office offers a free oil and gas lease review for improper royalty deductions.
- Mineral rights purchase and sale agreement negotiations: There is a difference between getting royalties on your mineral rights and selling your mineral rights altogether. Depending on your circumstances and needs, one option may work better for you than the other. Consulting with an experienced attorney about the recent Mineral Rights Purchase Agreement a company send to you can help you make an informed decision about your financial future.
- Pipeline lease negotiations: As the natural gas industry continues to expand in Pennsylvania and the United States, pipelines will need to be run across the state and country to transport the product. Let our experienced attorneys negotiate leases to protect your land and your rights.
- Land conservation trusts or conservation easements: A conservation trust or easement may help you and your family protect your property for future generations to enjoy. The Farmland and Forest Land Assessment Act of 1974 (also known as the "Clean and Green Act") may provide you with tax incentives while simultaneously protecting your property from development. The Act may also allow you to start your own renewable energy project while preserving the land you love.
- Brownfields redevelopment and land banks: If you are an entrepreneur looking for an ideal location for your business, but are concerned about potential environmental liability arising out of the real estate, land banks and brownfields redevelopment may be the solution for you. Let our experienced attorneys help you determine which institution is right for you and your goals.
- Environmental compliance: Often, many businesses do not encounter the DEP, EPA or OSHA until an inspector knocks on the door. Simple steps in permit applications, record keeping, employee-training, and visual indicators can save the business owner time and money when dealing with regulatory agencies. Let our experienced attorneys help you avoid common mistakes when dealing with regulatory agencies.
- Real Estate: If you want to purchase land or expand your current business or project on land you already own, there are many issues related to zoning, permits, easements, nuisance law, and Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) - including new changes to ASTM Phase I ESAs - that could cause a project to come to a halt. The experienced attorneys at Berman & Asbel, LLP can help navigate the complex world of local regulation and environmental law in real estate transactions.
- Environmental consultation and planning for new and established businesses: RCRA permitting requirements can be a complex and time-consuming process; and if you are found to be out of compliance, you will need to use Best Management Practices to remediate the contaminated area. Are you prepared to handle the regulatory agency on your own? Sustainability is growing as a required mandate by the SEC and state and local governments. Philadelphia is one of the cities on the East Coast with a sustainability disclosure mandate; and for some companies, the SEC requires certain disclosures to their shareholders regarding the environment.
- "Green" marketing: If your company advertises as "green," make sure you do not run afoul of new FTC regulations regarding "green advertising." Let our experienced attorneys help you navigate the complexities of environmental planning and compliance when advertising your product, service, or business.
Contact Us Today for an Initial Consultation
We invite you to schedule an initial consultation if you are in need of an experienced environmental law attorney who will provide personal, dedicated representation. Call our Media law office today at 484-842-0276 or contact us online to resolve any issue throughout Pennsylvania.