Berman & Asbel, LLP

Actor files for divorce from wife of 20 years

Pennsylvania residents may have heard that actor Cuba Gooding Jr. recently put in the paperwork to divorce his wife of 20 years. While news of the divorce came out on Jan. 20, his wife filed for separation in 2014, citing irreconcilable differences. The couple has three children together, and Gooding Jr. is requesting joint legal as well as physical custody of their 10-year-old child.

Reports also indicate that the actor is willing to provide spousal support, but he asked that he keep all income earned after the 2014 separation. In a 2016 interview, Gooding Jr. said that he and his former spouse had been working on their marriage and that he wanted to keep the relationship going for the sake of the children.

The end of a marriage may be a traumatic time for some individuals. However, a couple may resolve their divorce in an amicable manner for the sake of their children. Regardless of how an individual chooses to attempt to settle a divorce, it may be worthwhile to consult with an attorney. A lawyer might be able to review the facts of the case and help a person come to a timely resolution. Parents may be able to obtain or maintain their parental rights or arrange for spousal support.

An attorney may also be able to help with property division or other matters that need to be resolved before settling a divorce. In some cases, property division may be influenced by the needs of a child. Therefore, a custodial parent may be given a marital home or a larger share of marital property to help provide for a son or daughter.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Contact Us

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

attorney image