Bernard ("Bud") M. Berman
Bernard 'Bud' Berman is the founder of Berman & Associates. For 50 years he has represented the people of Delaware County, Philadelphia, and neighboring Chester County and Montgomery County as a family law attorney and more.
He is happiest arguing for his clients’ interests in the courtroom, and focuses his practice on helping people from all walks of life in the areas of family law (divorce, property distribution, support, custody, relocation, prenuptial agreements), personal injury, and Fraternity Law. His multiple decades as General Counsel to a national collegiate fraternity takes him to many states in the U.S. and engages his energies regarding governance controversies, constitutional rights, contract negotiations, real estate law, zoning law, employment law and personal injury law. He has served his clients in state and federal courts and the American Arbitration Association in commercial, securities, criminal and personal injury matters.
Bud appears in the 1st and 2nd editions of Who’s Who In American Law, and the firm has been honored by Corporate INTL Global Awards as the best boutique law firm in Pennsylvania. Bud has appeared on Suburban Life Magazine's Top Divorce and Family Law Attorneys List, Main Line Today Magazine’s Top Attorneys List, is a LeadCounsel.org Rated Attorney in Family Law, and is Martindale-Hubbell Peer Rated as "Distinguished" for high professional achievement with high ethical standing.
More About Bud
A proud and happy member of Upper Darby High School Class of 1958, Bud was Valedictorian, sports editor of the weekly newspaper, a thespian, and varsity tennis player. He continues to serve his classmates as treasurer of the class reunion committee.
Bud stayed in Delaware County for college, graduating from Swarthmore College in 1962. While there he was a varsity wrestler for three years, sports editor of the college weekly newspaper, a thespian, chairman of the Men’s Judicial Committee, and president of the Inter Fraternity Council (IFC).
He received his L.L.B. and J.D. from Columbia Law School in New York City, where he served as Chairman of the Men’s Judiciary Council, was a thespian in the “Law Revue of 1965” and married his high school sweetheart, Mona. They returned to Delaware County where they raised their three children.
When not serving his clients or one of a number of professional and charitable organizations, Bud sails and races his 14-foot Catboat 'Cat Nip' on Barnegat Bay in New Jersey with Mona as his First Mate, assists Mona in keeping their garden on Long Beach Island beautiful, and plays tennis a few times a week. He and Mona also have appeared together in theater productions of The Rose Valley Chorus and the Ohev Shalom Players.
Honors and Awards
- Corporate INTL Global Awards, Boutique Divorce and Family Firm of the Year, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Main Line Today Magazine’s Top Lawyer List, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Suburban Life Magazine's Top Divorce and Family Law Attorneys List, 2015
- LeadCounsel.org Rated Attorney in Family Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished Peer Rated, High Professional Achievement with High Ethical Standing
- Who’s Who in American Law, First and Second Editions
- American Arbitration Association, Arbitrator
- Delaware County Bar Association
Fee Dispute Resolution Committee; Special Committee to Revise Rules of Civil Procedure
- Grand Chapter of Phi Sigma Kappa, General Counsel
Court of Honor; Past President; Medallion of Merit, 1996; Risk Management and Insurance Committee, Chair; PSKP, Inc., Board of Directors
- Simon Wolf Lodge of B’nai Brith, President
- Southeastern Pennsylvania and Delaware B’nai Brith Council, President
In the Community
- Congregation Ohev Shalom, Board of Directors, Solicitor
- Long Beach Island Foundation of Arts and Sciences, Trustee, Past President
- Loveladies Harbor Organization, Trustee
- Lions Club
- Rose Valley Chorus and Orchestra